Professional Accountant in Business - Employed, engaged, or contracted in an executive or non-executive capacity in such areas as:
- In Industry;
- In Public Service / Sector;
- In Education;
- In the Not-for-Profit Sector.
In Public Practice – The following activities are carried out:
- Acting as auditor;
- Signing any report or certificate on accounts in circumstances where reliance is likely to be placed on such report or certificate by any person, or doing any other thing which may lead the third party to believe that the particular accounts have been prepared, approved or reviewed by the warrant holder; or
- Preparing, in respect of any company, partnership or any other person carrying on a trade, business, profession or vocation, computations and returns for the purposes of the Income Tax Act (Cap. 123 of the Laws of Malta) and / or the Income Tax Management Act (Cap. 372 of the Laws of Malta) and / or the Value Added Tax Act (Cap. 406 of the Laws of Malta), or any enactment replacing all or any of the said laws, so however that any person who either prepares such computations and returns exclusively in respect of his full-time employer or who prepares such computations and returns in respect of any company, partnership or any other person carrying on a trade, business, profession or vocation, the ownership and control of which are held as to at least ninety nine per cent (99%) by that person, shall not in itself render such person to be in public practice; or
- Acting as liquidator of companies in terms of the Companies Act (Cap. 386 of the Laws of Malta) or any enactment replacing the said law; or
- Holding oneself out, or allowing oneself to be held out, as being available to undertake any of these activities.
Members in public practice can work:
- As a Sole Practitioners;
- Within Small & Medium Firms;
- With the 4 Big Firms.
None of the above - In cases where:
- A member is exempted from doing CPE following approval by the Institute;
- A member is retired and thus is no longer practising the profession.